After a desktop and server upgrade, my subversion client stopped working. I am using Digest authentication, and it kept asking me for the username and password. Wireshark showed me that the SVN client wasn’t sending the Authentication header. To find out more, I turned on Subversion’s debug output. Here’s how you do it:
/etc/subversion/servers Add this line at the end:
neon-debug-mask = 511
That showed me this error:
auth: '/' is inside auth domain: 0.
This means that the path I was requesting (the root of the repo) was not considered inside the
AuthDigestDomain I had set in Apache.
It turns out that at some point in the upgrade of Apache, Subversion, or a library, the AuthDigestDomain requires a scheme. I had
AuthDigestDomain svn.myserver.com whereas it should of been
So now you know.